Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Memorable Calls

I asked several agents at our Roy site to tell me about their most memorable calls. Here are my favorites....enjoy!

T.C. : I talked to a cat to get an HSI sale.
    The owner put the cat up to the phone. She told me, "If my cat says 'yes,' you can set up the internet."
    The cat OBVIOUSLY said yes, because I got the sale.

C.P.: This lady called in, (possibly drunk,) complaining that the Qwest recording told her to "press 2 for English." I tried to offer, but didn't get anywhere.  After 40 minutes of nonsense, the lady had mentioned she wanted to start a petition, or get a rally going, or whatever just for this reason.
      Finally I said, "M'am, I'm sure there was a reason you were calling in before all of this." She didn't have one.
 
J.P:  I talked to a lady ex-navy seal. She was like the 1st "GI Jane." She was complaining about calls from solicitors; she'd had her number changed 3 times. I checked on the No Solicitation feature, etc. When we were finishing her order she asked, " Hey - do you know where the Titanic is buried?"
      I said, "yes."
      She said, "How deep?"
      I said, "a mile, two miles..."
     "No! FOUR MILES DOWN! And that's where you will be buried if a solicitor calls me! I will hunt you down and put you there!"
      I said, "M'am, I believe you."

N.M.: There was this woman who called in because the termal box for her community was in her yard. She didn't have a Qwest account, and she was MAD.
   It was a two hour call. She said if Qwest didn't remove the box, she'd take a chainsaw to it. While I was on the phone with her and with LRAC, (all of us trying to calm her down,) you could hear her screaming, and a chainsaw -- I had my    headset off and could hear it!
    She took the chainsaw to the box, and the phone disconnects.

~Rachel Sassbug

We want to know what memorable calls you have had?  

3 comments:

  1. When I was coach of Foxtrot I had an agent on my team get a call on a Saturday. The lady said she was being held hostage by qwest technicians and she couldn't hang up because they wouldn't let her call again. She wanted us to help her. She looked out the window and saw qwest vans. After an hour call all we could do is tell her to call 911.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are funny stories and wish i had one to tell but i can say my favorite one was the chainsaw lady..We shared these across our site for a lil laughter and they loved them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. all i get is people cussing at me

    ReplyDelete